Applying for Annual Scholarships
WHJWC Scholarship Deadline is March 1st
Applicants must be either:
- High school seniors graduating from Wellesley High School
- Wellesley residents graduating from high school in or outside of Wellesley; or
- Wellesley residents currently attending undergraduate institutions on a full-time basis
Applications are evaluated based on demonstrated financial need, academic achievement, and involvement in community service.
Scholarship awardees are eligible to receive multi-year awards. Students must reapply annually to be considered. Students must maintain a cumulative 2.3 grade point average every year that they apply for a scholarship.
How to Apply
Please complete the Town of Wellesley “Common Scholarship and Financial Aid Application” which is available through the WHS Guidance Office or at www.wellesleyscholarshipfoundation.org.
Your completed application should include:
- Common Application Form
- Community Service Statement
- Teacher Recommendation Form (High School Seniors only);
- For Wellesley High School Students: WHJWC will coordinate the provision of the teacher recommendation on your behalf from the Wellesley High School Guidance Department.
- For students enrolled at schools other than Wellesley High School: Teachers submit the completed recommendation form via email [email protected] or by mail to the mailing address listed below. Teacher Recommendation Forms are available here.
- For Wellesley High School Students: WHJWC will coordinate the provision of the transcript on your behalf from the Wellesley High School Guidance Department.
- For students enrolled at schools other than Wellesley High School: please submit your transcript via email [email protected] or by mail to the mailing address listed below.
- Financial Aid Profile: CSS (College Scholarship Service)
One time Scholarships
WHJWC gives three one-time scholarships in addition to our annual scholarship program. If you would like to be considered for one of these scholarships, please be sure to check the box indicating your interest on the Common Application and include a statement outlining your interest in and qualifications for the award(s). Applicants must fulfill the requirements for the general WHJWC Scholarship Program.
Patricia C. Doiron Memorial Scholarship
High school seniors who have shown a commitment to Early Childhood Education through participation in the Child Lab program at Wellesley High School are eligible for the Patricia C. Doiron Memorial Scholarship, established in memory of Mrs. Doiron, a former Club member.
Suzanne Stevens Scholarship
High school seniors or current college students who have demonstrated academic strength and commitment to community service despite adversity or hardship are eligible for the Suzanne Stevens Scholarship, named in honor of Mrs. Stevens, a former Club president.
Brenda Capobianco Scholarship
Female college-bound high school seniors who have demonstrated academic achievement, and an express interest in pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics are eligible for the Brenda Capobianco Scholarship. This award is administered by WHJWC on behalf of Dr. Brenda Capobianco. Dr. Capobianco is a WHS graduate, WHJWC scholarship recipient, science teacher educator and researcher in STEM education.